Eddy van Halen Brown sound
The basis of Eddie van Halen’s Brown sound is his Marshall amp with everything on 10+ level. Just all buttons full to the right and go for it. You get a great amount of overdrive and harmonic that blows you away. To get that sound at normal sound levels you use this Brown distortion. The basis of this pedal is the Wampler Pinnacle. You will recognize the buttons.
• Tone: Much influence on the mid and high frequencies. (Strongly depends on the contour button.)
• Contour: Strongly decisive for boosting or pressing mid frequencies so that you can really influence that dark sound.
• Volume: The output level.
• Gain: This affects the amount of shred … so to say.
• Vintage / mod switch: Modern gives a little more sparkle to the sound compared to vintage.
• Boost / gain switch: In boost mode, it goes a little bit harder.
True bypass schakelaar
Power: 9VDC, center negative